Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The operating system reported error 340: The supplied kernel information version is invalid.
SCCM Distribution Manager is not processing  Applications.

So I had a an issue with SCCM for the last few days whereby packages were failing to process.
I was getting an error that the SCCM services had no permission to the folder share.

When I was looking at the Status MSG's it gave this supper obscure msg...



It claims that the SCCM server does not have permissions to the share.


Now I checked that the 2 servers had full access to the folder and share so this just didn't make sense 



I went to the DIST manager log on the PS server and it told me this 


failed to create instance of IRdcLibrary

Well that's the issue right there

Remote Differential Compression is either not installed or not functioning on the primary site server.  As far as I know the PS server needs to use RDC to make a new file for the content library on the DP's.  In my case the PS server does not have any DP on it and I can only assume  that someone removed RDP not knowing that it was the PS server that takes the content use RDC and insert the new package into the content library on a DP.   

Anyway got RDP back on the server and all my packages started to process.


And my packet status goes green 


No comments:

Post a Comment